Friday, October 16, 2015

Inspirational Poem: Selfish

Selfish

I am selfish, I try not to be but I am.
I guess its part of my sin nature to be selfish.
I don't want to help others unless there's something in it for me.
All I can think about is myself.
All I care about is three people: me, myself, and I.
The world teaches us to be selfish;
Go for yours and do anything to get yours,
No matter whom you hurt even if it's yourself.
I am selfish; I only want to do what pleases me.
I am selfish; I can't stop writing about myself in this poem.
How can I stop being selfish?
Oh I know learn from the teachings of Christ, Who was selfless and not selfish.
He gave His life for us so that we may live forever with Him.
There is nothing that He won't do for us.
That's who I should be more like,
Like Christ so I can become selfless and stop being so selfish...
This poem is apart of the poetry chapbook "Cordell's Poems of Spiritual Inspiration: Second Edition" which is available as an ebook and paperback.
A Few Links to other Poems on this Blog:
(God Is...)
(Feeling Good About Yourself (Self-Esteem))

Links to Books Online:

No comments:

Post a Comment